The Cotton Pickin’ Fair
Exhibitor Guidelines and Application
- Applications may be submitted electronically or by mail but should arrive well in advance of the date of the event as our jury process is continuous. Applicants are selected throughout the year to participate in either the May or October Festivals. (Applications submitted within 60 days of the event will be considered to fill cancellations or specific merchandising needs of the upcoming event.
- Submit 5 photographs. All photographs become the property of Cotton Pickin’ Fairs, Inc. and will not be returned.
- One (1) photograph of applicant at work on art or craft. Include artist and show work-in-progress.
- Three (3) close-up photographs of product
- One (1) photograph of your merchandising effort (typical product display).
- Art/Craft/Gourmet Food items offered for sale must be made by the applicant.
- Prints offered by artists may not exceed 50% of offering. Original art must meet or exceed 50% of offerings.
- Antique specialists are not allowed to sell crafts or reproductions in their booths.
- Applications for packaged food shall include a copy of a current certificate accepted by the State of Georgia and valid during The Cotton Pickin’ Fair (U.S.D.A., State Department of Agriculture and State Health Department Inspection Certificated are generally acceptable.)
- Children’s activity applicants shall provide a certificate of insurance made to Cotton Pickin’ Fairs, Inc.
- Only handmade crafts are permitted. Crafts made from kits are not acceptable.
- Applicants are required to be present, full time, during the festival.
- Exhibitors may not sub-lease assigned booths.
- Twenty-five (25) nonprofit organizations provide regional southern foods at The Cotton Pickin’ Fair; if a nonprofit organization cannot meet our needs, we may consider professional food vendors. Fees begin at $750 and include electricity and reasonable access to potable water. Vendors may apply by completing the application below.
OUR RESPONSE: Every application is considered promptly. Call or Email the Fair office to confirm that your application was successfully submitted, 706-538-6814 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will let you know if your application is accepted or not. We will also let you know if you are placed on our wait-list.
FEES: Do not send fees with your application. There are no application fees. Those invited to participate in The Cotton Pickin’ Fair will receive an invitation and agreement describing your exhibition space and financial requirements. Fees for single booths range from $180 to $255.
LOCATION: The Cotton Pickin’ Fair is approximately 39 miles south of Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson Airport and 50 miles north of Columbus on Georgia Highway 85 in the little town of Gay, GA.
FAIR DATE: The Fair is the first full weekends in May and October, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Set-up is on Friday, 9:00 A.M. to 11:30 P.M.
SITE: The Cotton Pickin’ Fair was established in 1972 by the Gay Family on its 1828 farmstead. An 1891 farmhouse, built by the town’s namesake, Judge William Franklin Gay and The 1911 Building, built by his son, J.R. Gay, anchor the unique eight (8) acres venue. Exhibition space is located in and around the farmstead’s buildings or under its beautiful trees. Outside spaces and shed spaces are located on natural ground, which may not be level.
PARKING: Exhibitor and customer parking is adjacent to the festival grounds.
After submitting this form, click to continue to the next page to upload your photos.